Saturday, January 5, 2008

I am Grateful for: Produce Co-Op

We participate in a produce co-op with some other families from our Stake. What this is: Every-other Friday those who are participating take $15 and a basket or box over to one member's house and on Saturday morning the person collecting goes to the produce wholesaler and selects different items to split between the other families. Today it was my turn as the runner. So in the wee hours of the morning I took at turn at Kodiak Produce. Here is a picture of our order today:

2 heads of lettuce, 2 pinapples, 4 ears of corn, 1 bag of cherries, 3 bags of carrots, 1 butternut squash, 5 pears, 5 apples, 5 oranges, 4 mangoes, 16+ potatoes, and 1 bunch of broccoli. I can't say that the quality is any better than the grocery store, but I dare you to get the same selection from the store for only $15! It was a lot of fun, and very tastey.

2 comments:

April said...

Wow thats a lot of good stuff for cheap! You have nspired me to check my area for one of those types of places...

Shiloh McKinnon said...

Great idea! Have fun in Europe! How fun is that! Are you taking the kids?? How king will you be there? I cant wait for the post of that trip with pics!