Friday, January 18, 2008

Conveniences


It's amazing how blessed we are! Living at this time in the world's history, and in the US. I was just thinking of the amazing conveniences that I enjoy and took a picture of just a couple of them. As much as I complain about how loud our dishwasher is, I find it grand that I can just stick them in to this contraption and just a little while later Voila! They come out sanitized.
Some of the other amazing conveniences, disposable diapers. Gone are the days of diapers that had to be washed, that soaked right through every time there was a wet one, no more plastic undies over the diaper!
Formula: Breastfeeding does not come easily for me, and yet my child can be wonderfully healthy because of this food option.
Cell Phones: I don't think I need to expound on this one.
Diaper Rash Cream: Mason has been having a few lately, and he doesn't need to suffer for long.
Libraries: All those books! totally free! Amazing!
I am currently using a book to help E learn how to read, and it's working marvelously. It's called "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons", it's authored by Siegfried Engelmann, Phyllis Haddox, and Elaine Bruner. So far it's working great. My sister-in-law used it for her kids, and gave us the book for Christmas, in her words it is the greatest gift ever.

Of course this is just a short list of the conveniences that I enjoy, I have too many to list. What a blessed life I live...

What are some of the conveniences that you are grateful for?

2 comments:

Becky said...

Great list, Alicia! Off the top of my head I am grateful for computers, cameras, my washer and dryer, and vacuum cleaners.

Kyla said...

That is an awesome list! I would add baby wipes, deodorant, cameras, and toilet paper!