Monday, January 14, 2008

Mmmm... S'Mores

One of our goals as a family for 2008 is to spend at least 1 weekend a month doing outdoor activities together.
This weekend A and E camped out in our backyard on Friday night. A dug a little fire pit in our yard, we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and introduced E to the joy that is S'Mores (God bless the person who thought of this near perfect food). Then he and E slept in the tent (M and I stayed in our nice cozy beds).


On Saturday we went to our friends the Bundy's house and picked up the pecans that have been falling from their tree. We haven't shelled them all but we filled a 5-gallon bucket with them. I plan to open them and freeze them for use with my baking this year. It was really therapeutic to my soul to be outside with my boys doing work and enjoying friends. The weather was so outstanding that it was just a joy.

On Saturday night we went out to dinner with our friends Mitch and Rachel and Tom to the Cheesecake Factory. Mitch bought E a new toy, this really cool dinosaur that roars and walks. He was pretty terrified of it. He wanted to make sure that we took the batteries out forever. When we got home he had to make sure that the dinosaur was still in the trunk and would not come in to the house while he slept. He told me it was a 'horrible toy'. But on Sunday when he wasn't quite so tired out of his mind we showed him it was a totally harmless toy. He's okay with it now.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What fun!!! I'm getting excited for the backyard campout thing...I think we're getting close!