Friday, January 11, 2008

Diet

There has been quite a few of you who are very interested in the new diet that I am embarking on, so I've included a new feature on my page. On my sidebar I have a list of the things that I am eating for dinner this week. Some of the things do have meat and/or animal products in them. When this is the case I've either just picked out the meat or had an extremely small portion of the meat, or I've just had a salad for dinner while E and A ate the meal that I've made.
I hope this satiates some of your curiosity and gives you some ideas of good things to make for your family.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

the fact that your menu has been planned out like this, regardless of the diet, is impressive to me. I think your options sound super tasty... you'll have to post your favorite recipies!

Amberly said...

http://afmwords.blogspot.com/

sorry, you get two of me today. this is the blog address of a friend whose husband is eating similarly to you these days. hopefully you two can be of help to each other!

Piper said...

Hey, I've been trying to cut down on meat in my family's diet too (for lots of reasons). When I read your request for meatless recipes I thought that you might like this one.

Gurley Street Grill's Creamy Corn Chowder:

Combine:
1 15oz can whole kernal corn (with liquid)
1 9oz can diced green chiles
1/2 cup onion diced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Saute above until onion becomes transparent then add:
2 1/4 cups water
2/3 cups half and half
1/4 tsp liquid smoke
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chicken or vegetable base
Bring to boil then thicken with cornstarch. Stir in:
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2/14 cup diced cooked potatos

Makes 3 quarts. Meatless, delicious, and easy.