Thursday, January 17, 2008

Couldn't be Easier!

I made this dessert on Monday night for family night. I'm sure that some of you have already seen this recipe, but I just had to share it anyway for those who haven't. Honestly, it was the easiest dessert I've ever made. I was looking for something w/o eggs (as I didn't have any and didn't want to go to the store just for that). I had all of the ingredients in my pantry already, and it was great! We ate it with some vanilla ice cream -- Fantastic!

Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Sundae Cake

1 c. flour
½ c. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ c. milk
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
½ c. chopped nuts
¾ c. brown sugar
¼ c. cocoa powder
1 ½ c. hot water

Spray slow cooker with baking spray. In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the nuts. Spread in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Mix brown sugar and ¼ c. cocoa powder, stir in the hot water. Pour over the batter in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high setting 2 to 2 ½ hours or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Turn off the slow cooker and let the cake stand uncovered 30-40 minutes before serving.

No comments: