Monday, November 29, 2010

Starting -- Cycle 1

Saturday was day 1 of my cycle (the mother of all cycles, believe me, was sure glad I wore black pants to a wedding over the weekend). I was surprised that it happened so fast since my last dose of Prevara was on Thursday, but glad that it's going.
I'm scheduled for my Hysterosalpingogram on day 11 with a Dr. appointment on day 12, so we'll see what happens there.
I'm thinking that the Metformin gives me problems when I don't take it on a full stomach (I guess toast and yogurt won't cut it for breakfast any more).

Overall my stress level (in this department that is, trust me, there are several stress departments in my brain), has been very low. I'm not sure if this is how people who don't struggle with infertility approach getting pregnant, as a matter-of-fact thing that will eventually happen. The feelings that I had before my last pregnancies of uncertainty are nonexistent. Maybe it's because I'm at the beginning stages, so many unknowns at this point: if the Metformin will work this time around or if I need to take the Avandia again (even with the risk of liver toxicity). How many cycles will it take to get pregnant, E was 1 cycle (but he was an anomaly, he needed to be here before mom died) and M was 4 cycles (more of an average). Maybe I'm still in preparatory stage where I haven't really grasped that pregnancy is just around the corner, it still seems a far off idea rather than a tangible change to our family.
I feel level, I feel calm, I feel good excitement.

1 comment:

Families are Forever said...

I miss you so much! I wish you were here so I could hug you.
I love you so much! Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.