Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Things You May Not Have Known About Me

I always finish what I've started, it makes me crazy to have unfinished projects.

I am a planner. If I know there is an event (holiday, vacation, party) coming up I like to know WELL in advance as many details as possible. Chaos is not my friend.

I am a worrier, if there is nothing to worry about, I'll find something.

I am determined to learn to like eating fish.

I am good at keeping secrets.

I am good at math.

I am not a movie watcher. I don't like to watch them at home as I feel it's a waste of time, I sit there and think of all the other things I could be doing, and I don't like to go to the movies, it's too expensive.

I am not a phone talker.

I am not at all competitive.

I am the fifth of six kids.

I am the recipe queen, if you need a recipe for something, I probably have it.

I am very good at keeping in touch with friends.

I am very good at staying out of debt.

I believe that people who are consistently late are selfish and rude.

I can't dive or open my eyes under water.

I can't stand biting frozen things. Crunching ice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I consider myself adventurous.

I could take 15 showers a day and not feel at all bad about wasting water or the time to take them.

I don't like the items on my plate to touch each other.

I don't like to be helped.

I don't like to wear my hair up in public, although I think I look pretty that way.

I grew up in Nevada, but I have never gambled, not even in a slot machine.

I have 1 major OCD: I love to pick fuzz off of things, sweaters, blankets (you know the little balls of lint that build up that are just aching to be pulled off).

I have a freakishly good memory for remembering peoples names

I have abnormally sensitive hearing.

I have an incredibly happy marriage, we very rarely fight, and always completely enjoy being around each other.

I have driven (literally) across the United States.

I have never been motion sick in my life.

I have never been outside of the US, not even to Tiajuana.

I have the best husband in the world. He is as close to perfect as anyone can be. Nothing brings me more joy than being with him. I can't imagine why anyone might not like him, other than that they're crazy.

I like the smell of paint.

I like things to be alphabetized, which is good because (since I am a tech-dummy) I couldn't figure out how to make this list chronological by numbers, which is second best.

I like things to be orderly. I am the most anal of my parents children.

I like to explain things, as you can see with all of the things on this list.

I love being a stay-at-home mom. I am so blessed to have a husband that supports me in this endeavor.

I love belonging to our Gourmet Group.

I love playing board games.

I love random facts.

I love Roller Coasters.

I love words.

I no longer have an appendix.

I really love going to craft shows.

I strongly believe in rules. If everyone who thought they were an exception stopped following the rules, there would be chaos.

I think my best feature are my eyes.

I was born in Hayward California

I'll try anything once.

I'm kind of a nerd about my love of reading. I just feel immensely blessed to be a woman in the US and have the ability to read. Just think of all the information you'd be missing out on if you couldn't read!

I've been in 3 car accidents (all my fault) and have never gotten a ticket (not even for the car accidents).

I've never broken a bone.

I've seen a UFO (okay, so it was probably a meteor, but in my mind it really was a UFO).

If I could retire any place on Earth it would be San Luis Obispo, CA.

If I set my mind to something, I can always do it.

In general, I am afraid of strangers.

It took me 2 years to get pregnant with Ethan and 4 months to get pregnant with Mason.

Jamba Juice is my favorite place to find sustenance (I don't know if I spelled that correctly).

Mosquitoes LOVE to bite me.

My biggest pet peeves: swearing, littering, and disobeying rules.

My dream job would be a food critic. I'd get to eat really fancy food, be well taken care of at the restaurant, and get to write anything I want about it.

My family's nickname for me is 'Mit'.

My favorite color is yellow.

My Favorite Foods are: Bacon, Watermelon, Oranges, Nectarines, Brownies, and Cheesecake.

My favorite holiday is Christmas followed closely by Halloween.

My favorite household chores are: Vaccuming and Dishes. Least favorite, cleaning bathrooms and ironing.

My husband did not like me when we first met. He's since changed his mind.

My idea of Heaven is a room full of kittens.

My kids are the greatest in the world.

My most irrational phobia is of Crickets! Logically I know that there are worse things out there. But mind you, this is not a logical thing. They're so unpredictable, they could jump on you at any given time and that is just not acceptable!

Reading cookbooks is a favorite pass time.

Science was my favorite subject in school.

Since my mom died, I have become fiercely independent, probably to the point of it being a fault.

States I've been to: California, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Hawaii, Texas, Nebraska, Iowa, Washington, DC (I know it's not a state, but it may as well be), Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia

The four concerts I've been to are: New Kids on the Block, Love is Chemicals (the bass player is SO freakin' rad!), Andreas Fault, and Faith Hill/Tim McGraw.

The one thing I know I'm good at: Cooking.

The only beans I will eat are green beans and jelly beans.

The voice you all currently know (and love) is not the voice I had for the first 26 years of my life. When I was pregnant with Ethan it became significantly lower.

The worst part of sleeping is waking up.

Things I want to be good at: Arts and Crafts, gardening, singing, dancing, saving money, having more tact.

Two artists I would LOVE to see in concert: Prince and Bon Jovi.

When I lived in Daly City I couldn't stand the overcast sky, but now that I'm in Phoenix, I love cloudy days.

When making Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, I ALWAYS spread the peanut butter first, I'd rather get peanut butter in my jelly jar than jelly in my peanut butter jar.

No comments: