Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jumble

Need to feel like your life is great: just watch the TV show Cops. I am in awe of the way some people live their lives. I can't imagine having that much drama!

On one of my hibiscus plants, that I've been trying to nurse back to health after the freeze in the winter, has these mysterious white mites on them that look like they are covered in white powder (they're not aphyds, too big). If any of you are a gardener, or knows much about bugs, how can I get rid of these? I've been just flicking them off, but they keep coming back, and I'm thinking that they're not great for the poor little thing.

After 3 years of living in our house I've finally painted my bedroom. E is enjoying the week with his grandparents in CA, and I had one of the girls in the ward come over and watch M while I painted. We also moved the furniture around and realized that our room is a lot bigger than we thought it was.

I'm just this side of being a hoarder. I've built up a rather large stockpile of food storage, my deep-freezer is packed full and my pantry is just about there. Now I just need to bring myself to actually use it. I'm one of those people that when I buy something nice I hate to use it. But it's silly to not use it after I've paid the money for it in the first place. For instance, sometimes I buy yummy jelly at craft shows, and then never actually use it on say, a PB & J sandwich, I like to save it for when I make homemade biscuits or rolls (which is rare), so what's the point of buying it in the first place? Hmmm, how to get over this?

We got rid of our cable TV about 6 weeks ago, and I have to say I don't miss it at all! I'm actually pretty surprised by that. I thought I would be much more bored than I am. It's actually very refreshing, my house is a lot quieter than it was previously.

3 comments:

Deirdre Eagar said...

Spray your bugs with the hose. You can do it with a pretty high velocity and not hurt the plant, & the bugs dont like it too much!! That usually does it, but if not I get bug killer for plants.

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Definitely get a bug spray for plants. Maybe take a picture and bring it to a nursery or even home depot. Congrats on painting your bedroom! I'm looking at paint samples for our new house, too. I painted ours in Phoenix, but this one is completely white (except kids' bedrooms) so I have to start over. It's very refreshing when it's done though!

Unknown said...

Cops will make anybody's poor choice in the manner by which he asks his girlfriend to marry him... look way good.
"I was just tryin' ta throw it down wit 'er officer! I was just tryin ta throw it down!"