Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feeling Let Down

A couple of years ago I wrote a post about my woes with the postal system here in the sunny ghetto, and this morning I went to the mailbox and discovered that one of my letters had been delivered to the wrong address and opened. Apparently, when the opener discovered that it was not a letter for them, they wrote a note to the post office and put it back in the mail. My glee at learning that I won a $5 gift card was quickly replaced with disgust when I found that while they were nice enough to forward my winning letter to me, they decided, however, to keep the gift card.
It's not a huge loss since I didn't pay for the giftcard, and it only had $5 on it. But the point is, it was MINE not theirs. Why didn't they just keep the whole letter rather than sending me it on to me incomplete? I would have been none-the-wiser. Instead, I'm feeling sad at the dishonesty of my neighbors (no one in particular, since I have no proof of who actually took the giftcard).
Sigh...

4 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

I HATE that!! I've gotten mail at all my addresses (it's been about 6) for people that have NEVER lived at the address! How does that work? It's addressed to our house, but the name on it is for someone who I KNOW never resided at this house... Hmmm.... organizational problems at the Post Office?? Perhaps we'll never know...

Unknown said...

I am SOOOO mad for you right now.

Scrap Happy said...

I bet it was the people at the post office, NOT your neighbor.

Becky said...

How upsetting! That really does seem extremely odd and rude...

I guess I should be grateful that we have lived in our neighborhood for over 6 years with no problems!

Hope you don't have anymore mail issues :)