Saturday, October 25, 2008

Would You Rather

This is a rather gross or uncomfortable game that the Young Women taught me the year I was a girls camp leader.
I've come to realize that some families are just good at odd things. For some reason I have been blessed with two boys who are exceptional at blowing their noses. I'm not sure how they learned this, but they do it with finesse. I am hugely grateful for this talent.
I babysit two little boys during the day who are both smart and good boys. Neither of them posses this knack. I tell them to blow their nose and they stand there, looking at me, while I hold the tissue over their nose.......... Having been spoiled with my own two boys, I find this completely annoying.
I have also discovered that I would MUCH rather change a messy diaper then wipe a snotty nose. I'm not sure why. I'm not one who gets grossed out by much. I've never been even a little bit squeamish (except for the scene in 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' where the leading lady is in that tunnel full of bugs, just thinking about it makes me get the heebie-jeebies).

So here is my tag for you:
Give me two things that are completely disgusting or uncomfortable to you, and name the one that you would rather.

I would rather change a stinky diaper than wipe a snotty nose.

5 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Ooohhh, I hate that scene in Indiana Jones, too! For me, I would rather catch a bug under a cup, slide a piece of paper under it and let it go outside (or down the toilet) than smash it in a tissue or step on it. For some reason it creeps me out to feel it smoosh. Yuck.

I can't think of anything that just completely disgusts me off the top of my head. I guess I'm pretty un-disgustable.

Unknown said...

I would rather clean the toilet than touch someone elses used underwear! Go figure!!

Colin & Lori said...

I would rather clean up a poop smeard crib than a pile of vomit.

Colin & Lori said...

I forgot to add, my kids also can blow their noses, it must be a nanny thing right? That smoosh make me want to dry heave too.

The Hale Fam said...

I had to ponder this for a while. The answer: I would rather deep scrub toilets than clean up someone else's vomit. Disgust at it's peak in my book.